Friday, September 9, 2011

Intro

I started this blog as a Junior in college because I wanted to immerse myself in as much music as possible and share it with my classmates.  Before I had established any kind of readership at all, I wrote a small blurb to explain what this blog was about, what my photography was about, where I was going, what I was doing, etc etc.  This is what I wrote.

College is hard.   I’m always reading, studying for a test, writing an essay, and so on.  As a release from the stress of school, I try to go to shows whenever I can.  And, I’m lucky.  There are some good ones around here.

I have started blogging about these shows so that other people – college kids, New Englanders, or generally anyone who happens upon this page – can enjoy the intimate concerts that I find myself privy to.  Over the past 5 years or so I’ve had the privilege—with persistence, hard work, and luck— of playing New England’s best all ages punk venues with a great little high school band, interning for an amazing record label, Rounder Records, booking and promoting some exceptional bands, and getting to meet or interact with phenomenal nationally-touring musicians like Delta Spirit, Rancid, Three Bad Jacks, Social Distortion, and Joan Baez.

Back in the summer of 2010, when I drove around New England to hang out with The Action Design, Dan Sartain, and Social Distortion, I realized I needed an outlet for my experiences and a way to offer my perspective on what a show looks like from backstage with the band.  I wished I had taken more pictures and shared more stories.  My motto now is "a camera at every concert" (even the ones where they aren't allowed).

My hope is that through this blog you all can share the closeness I feel to the bands I listen to, photograph, work for, work with, cyberstalk,  and generally enjoy.

Thanks for everyone who has continued to keep up with me on this blog and via Twitter (@BackTracksMusic).  I adore you all.

Contact Me with all comments and questions.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment